Cristiano Ronaldo was not injured, but he refused to play after Ralf Rangnick informed him that he would be starting from the bench.
Cristiano Ronaldo is said to have left Manchester United’s team after interim coach Ralf Rangnick alerted him that he would not be starting. According to Sportbible, the renowned footballer is currently injured and will not be a part of the squad.
According to “a allegedly trustworthy social media account that Ronaldo genuinely follows on Instagram,” “Ronaldo won’t even be on the bench.”
Prior to the derby game, the 37-year-old shared a photo with the caption “keep working” but was left out of the team.
Keep working 💪🏽 pic.twitter.com/a9juDBFehE
— Cristiano Ronaldo (@Cristiano) March 1, 2022
In his previous game, he showed no signs of injury, and there had been no reports of his injury status from any reliable news source.
“Cristiano Ronaldo is reportedly not injured and has asked to be left out of the Manchester squad after Ralf Rangnick informed the player that he would not be starting against Manchester City. Rangnick is thought to have told Ronaldo he would not be starting against Man City due to tactical reasons”, Sportbible reports.