African players have been seen across the world playing for different clubs, and more precisely, a lot of African players are now playing for top clubs in Europe.
Thus, playing for these clubs, some African players have been able to create astounding records in their football career, and as such, they have won different trophies.
Arguably, the Champions League is one of the greatest tournaments ever held in football history, and because of this, a lot of players strive to win the trophy.
Today, a lot of African players have been able to win this title in their respective football careers.
As known, the Champions League for this season has just been concluded, and Real Madrid has been crowned the Champion of Europe.
However, no African player was part of Real Madrid’s squad when they won the title.
However, between the year 2012 and now (10 years), a lot of African players have won the Champions League.
Thus, we will be seeing 10 African players who have won the title in the last ten years.
Check the 10 players below, their country, the year they won the UCL, and the club they planned for when they won the title:
1. Didier Drogba (Cote D’Ivoire) – won it in 2012 with Chelsea
2. Mikel Obi (Nigeria) – won it in 2012 with Chelsea
3. Solomon Kalou (Cote D’Ivoire) – won it in 2012 with Chelsea
4. Michael Essien (Ghana) – won it in 2012 with Chelsea
5. Achraf Hakimi (Morocco) won it in 2018 with Real Madrid
6. Sadio Mane (Senegal) – won it in 2019 with Liverpool
7. Mohamed Salah (Egypt) – won it in 2019 with Liverpool
8. Naby Keita (Dr Congo) – won it in 2019 with Liverpool
9. Edouard Mendy (Senegal) – won it in 2021 with Chelsea
10. Hakim Ziyech (Morocco) – won it in 2021 with Chelsea