Data is a luxury that a lot of us dont like to spend on especially when there is an option of WIFI.
Just incase you are finding it difficult to configure the UCC wifi here are the steps to follow..
The wifi network that can be accessed on UCC campus is called EDUROAM
Eduroam (Educational Roaming) is a worldwide federation service for higher education institutions under
National Research and Education Networks (NRENS) that allows foreign and visiting faculty, staff, and students
to access and use the university’s wireless network.
UCC students can use their credentials to access Wi-Fi in universities with eduroam, such as:
• UG (University of Ghana)
• Outside universities in Africa, Europe, US, Asia, etc. (WACREN, GEANT, Internet2, UbuntuNet, etc.)
Eduroam access is available in the following locations on campus:
• Academic Board Chamber
• Main Auditorium
• Agric. Conference Room
2. CoDE – Seminar Room
Inst. Education, Block A
Languages (Amissah Arthur Block)
Library – Research Commons, Social Learning Area
New Examinations Centre
• SMS Auditorium
Sasakawa Centre & Guest House
Eduroam connect settings
Note: you first of all need to know your student email and password.
This can be found at the service information on individual student portal. Log in to your portal, tap on service information and search for a red link stated institutional email, ucc wifi and Eduroam activation.
1. Go to Settings
2. Go to Wireless & Networks
3. Go to Wi-Fi. Ensure that Wi-Fi is turned on.
4. Select eduroam from the list of Wi-Fi networks
(Note: UCC users can select UCC WIFI when on UCC campus)
At the Wi-Fi connect popup, select the following settings:
5. EAP method: Select PEAP
6. Phase 2 authentication: Select MSCHAPv2
7. CA certificate: Select Do not validate
(Note: passwords are case sensitive.)
11. Click Connect or Save
1. Go to Settings
2. Go to Wi-Fi
3. Select UCC WIFI from the list of Wi-Fi networks
At the Wi-Fi connect popup, select the following settings
4. Username: Enter your UCC Email(Note: Type everything: e.g. [email protected] or [email protected])
5. Password: Enter your password
6. Click Join
7. Untrusted Certificate: Click on Trust
Troubleshooting Connection Issues
The following issues may be the cause of an unsuccessful eduroam or UCC WIFI connection. Be sure that you are connecting to the right wireless network with the correct SSID:eduroam or UCC WIFI
Incorrect Authentication Settings
Ensure the following settings are correct (for Android users):
• EAP method: PEAP is selected
• Phase 2 authentication: MSCHAPv2 is selected
• CA certificate: Do not validate is selected
Incorrect Login Credentials (username and/or password) –
• Enter the Identity (i.e. your UCC email) using only small letters e.g. [email protected]
• The Anonymous identity section must be left blank
• The password is case-sensitive. Enter it correctly
• Ensure that there are no spaces before or after the password.
If you are not sure of your settings, you can forget the network and start over. This can be done by the
• At the Wi-Fi networks list, press and hold the wireless network you want to forget
• A small pop-up will show, click on Forget network
• At the Wi-Fi networks list, click on the exclamation (!) icon next to the wireless network you want to
• On the wireless network menu, click on Forget
Having any problems connecting ?let us know.