The Ministry of Education announces to parents, guardians, students, and the public that the 2021/2022Computerized School Selection and Placement System (CSSPS) into Senior High Schools (SHS) and Senior High Technical Schools (SHTS) and Technical and Vocational Education and Training (TVET) Institutes will go live on Saturday, March 26th, 2022.
Out of the total number of 571,892 registered candidates, 555,353 candidates qualified to be placed. A total of 367,811 candidates have automatically been placed in one of their choices.
This means a total of 187,542 qualified candidates will have to do SELF-PLACEMENT to select from available schools since they could not be matched with any of their choices.
Now to access the placement platform, candidates are to follow the steps below:
1. Obtain a placement pin code from an approved vendor.
2. After obtaining a pin code, go to www.cssps.gov.gh.
3. Enter the ten-digit index number and add 21 as the year of completion. Eg: 123456789021
4. Enter the pin code details (serial number and pin).
5. Click on “submit” and wait for the placement to be displayed.
6. Print the form if you have been placed and visit the school to begin the admission process.
7. The system will redirect you for self-placement if you are not placed.
If a candidate is not matched with any of their choices from the automatic placement system, they will be redirected to the self-placement portal. A qualified candidate is then required to select a school by providing the under-listed information:
- Residential preference
- Programme of Choice
1. Schools selected on the self-placement portal can be changed as many times as the candidate wishes until they enroll in a school.
2. All schools with vacancies have been uploaded on the portal to enable students to select from them during self-placement.
3. The public is assured of the Ministry’s commitment to ensure all qualified candidates are placed in SHS/SHTS/TVET institutions.
A call center with a toll-free number, 0302987654, has been set up to address related concerns from the public.